Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall...my favorite season











Here are some pics from a church picnic.  We had a great time.  The kids made apple juice from the apple press shown in the picture...it is dated 1885.  Everything is original on it other than the legs.  The juice was so good.  We are all doing fine and I will post some more pics from our trip to Pittsburgh next time.  Sydney is doing great...she is talking more and is really like the word "NO"  She almost has all 4 molars in and has been very picky lately about what she eats.  I am not sure if it is her teeth or what.  Feeding her has become a challenge... that is a shocker because she would eat everything before.  She also has become difficult with sleeping...waking up at night more and refusing sleep...especially naps.  I have tried to let her cry it out...but she does not stop.  She also is starting to get a little more clingy again with me and actually cuddles more (I like that ).  She is going through a change I guess.  The boys are doing good...keeping busy with school and activities.  I can't keep up with them.  They are having a Halloween party here...which means a houseful of boys....but really not different from any other weekend.  
                       One new thing...I am taking Sydney to gymnastics once a week.  I cannot believe I am admitting this on a blog.  I know she is only 18 months old, but I wanted her to have a chance to run around with other kids her age and play.  She is constantly with me and I thought it would be good for her.  I did not know what to expect from the class or her but she did great.  She did not hang on me and tried out all the stuff.  She does need to learn to take turns.  She has no concept of that.  Also she pushed kids off of the stuff she wanted, not good.  That could be for several reasons: 1. She is spoiled at home and gets what she wants.  2. her brothers wrestle with her and let her hit them(playing). 3.  Or she is 18 mos old and that is what they do.  Probably a combination of those things but we will try working on them.   But all in all she did well and I saw a lot of the kids her age actually doing the things and not just running around so after some time I think she will catch on. 

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

ruth, i realize this is an old post, but i enjoyed it non the less. i would love to try out that apple press, how cool is that! that is right up my alley! also, fall is my favorite time too! I LOVED the little story about Sydney at gymnastics! Does she still go? I laughed about the part where she pushed the other kids off the things she wanted to do! That reminds me of Everest at that age. He was the same, being the first born, he had no clue what sharing meant, and when he went to pre-school, boy did it show. well, he grew out of it after being in pre school for awhile. I think once the other kids start fighting back, the get the picture...you know, the whole socialization thing.